Sunday 2 September 2012

Obsessions...


I have been working a lot lately, which has sadly stopped me from spending as much time as I would like on here, meaning after I get home I tend to just pass out in front of the telly or manage to force myself to cook a meal... Also I have been a bit brain redundant and struggling to think up post ideas because I have been so overworked and in need of a sunny holiday, or a break to refresh my head. After much thought there will be a few regular post additions, as well as the odd wild card so I can make the lovely blog more consistent and regular.

So as a little insight into my world I thought I would post about a few things I have been loving, and doing non stop... I have decided to do a little weekly/fortnightly 'Obsessions' post giving folk an insight into what is making me tick... I think I have a habitual/addictive personality and go through phases of obsessively eating the same foods, wearing the same things, and doing the same routines and I fancy inflicting this silly little side of me on folk... please comment if you think it is a bit wanky, I thought it'd be nice and a cool way to personalise things on here.

Firstly...

Chanel Perversion! I recently came into a rather princely sum of pennies and after clearing up some financial indiscretions (ie nasty debts) I had a little left over which I decided to use to gift myself with some Chanel goodies. I have a small secret list of "fancy things to buy before I die" and many of them happen to be from the house of two C's... After much deliberation (and deciding I do NOT need another iPhone case) I settled on ballet pumps (beige/black toe) in lambskin, a cosmetic case in caviar leather with hammered silver hardware and a Timeless Classic purse in lambskin with gold hardware. The purse will match the handbag I plan on saving for and gifting myself as a Christmas gift next year... Think of my purse as a sweet reminder of what I am slogging my guts out at work for! Anyways my new treats mean a lot because I am not some trustafarian with buckets of cash being thrown at me by my parents, neither do I have a 6 figure salary, therefore these things are poignant, and classic. Things I intend to keep forever and pass down to a little girl of my own one day. Or stash away in a cupboard to peek at when I am old and grey and wish to be reminded of how fabulous my life once was...

Next up are my recent boot purchases... First up, the £45 Topshop knock-offs of the luvvverly Acne Pistol boots... I had to get these as I wanted the slightly pricier fakes they did a few months ago with two zips that every girl bought. I, sadly, spent my pennies on other things an was delighted to find they re-issued them cheaper! Winner! Good things come to those who wait, etc etc... I got these instead of pretty dresses to wear on a weekend of debauchery with my BFF at Manchester Pride acting as his wing woman, and I recon they will last me a lot longer and come in handier. The other studded, strapped and generally fabulous pair were a little impulse treat that I spotted on my lunch break, and decided needed to move into my dressing room. I have wanted a nice pair of biker boots for ages, as I live in the SUPER rain soaked city of Manchester and didn't want to ruin another pair of Uggs in the snow/rain that will inevitably become part of my daily routine. Plus they just look pretty snazzy...

Third up was an magical little freebie I acquired for subscribing to Grazia magazine... £52 worth of Phyto Lab hair goodies. When you get such fun things as a thank you I thought 'why the hell not!' I have heard good things about this French hair care brand, and thought I would give the products a whirl and see if they make my bouncy curls stronger and generally hair-tastic! Plus, who can say no to a fancy free treat?!

Number 4 is prosecco with strawberries... Quite possibly the most wonderful, summery drink I have ever encountered... I love Champagne and Prosecco because they are bubbly, tasty and makes my head feel all fizzy and I giggle a little when I drink them... My friend said its better with raspberries but I was happy with the humble strawberry. I won't lie, it would have been fine riding solo but you know, when in Rome and all that... I just love a bit of bubble especially in summer. It just makes me smile, and is the way balmy summer evenings should be spent... drowning in bubbles surrounded by magical company!

Now the next obsession may be listed far down but it is far from low on my list of general obsessing... It is a woven boucle tweed-esque long jacket I picked up in Zara. The photo doesn't do her justice! She is just lovely... I feel like a proper grown up lady when I wear it, and that makes me feel rather good. I have to really consider my outfit when I want to wear it too... as certain things would look silly with it. That in itself makes me feel like a proper woman (although I'm 26 I often feel like a teenager unsure of myself and who I am) and I rather enjoy feeling that way. It has big gold buttons on the shoulders and pocket fastenings, and makes me feel like a chic parisian lady. I feel like I should be shopping on Rue Cambon and having afternoon tea at the Ritz. I also love that it looks a wee bit Chanel, a look that Zara do oh so well, and without looking like a cheap knock off. The best part is it's unlined so hangs just so... The way every jacket should.

Last but definitely not least... The humble cup of tea. Responsible for making me feel human most mornings, and soothing me when I feel a bit fed up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment