Tuesday 21 February 2012

Coco and Champers...



This evening I had the wonderful privilege of being invited to a marvellous Chanel affair. To celebrate the opening of the Olfactive Bar at the spanking new Chanel counter at Selfridges Manchester... The bar is one of only four UK stockists of their marvellous Les Exclusifs fragrance collection. It was held in the new Aubain cafe tucked away at the back of the lovely new cosmetics hall. We were treated to a magical presentation of the main ingredients of Chanel fragrances... Rose and Jasmin, as well as the history of the fragrance division of the brand. Oh and champers, canapés and macaroons too! Yum! Then we got to go and test their new method of fragrance testing... Ceramic dippers as opposed to paper ones. After experiencing some of the wonderful smells I have decided my chosen Exclusifs would be Beige and Gardenia. Beige is built up of almond based and smells warm and ultimately comforting. Gardenia simply smelt of the most stunning, luxurious garden in the world. Oh and I fell in love with the new cosmetics collection... Vegas. It definitely appealed to the magpie in me. Unsurprisingly it is all gold, gold, gold! Love!!

One of the nicest parts of the evening was to experience the delights of the Aubaine café, which I had yet to visit. The toffee and pistachio macaroons were simply perfection. Although I am biased as a total macaroon hag. However the goats cheese and red onion tartlets were melt in the mouth yummy too... And I never say no to a little champagne! I'm a sucker for bubbles! So all in all I found the event rather wonderful! Thanks Coco...

No comments:

Post a Comment