Friday 20 January 2012

can anything ever be perfect...



i am mixed race and for many years have battled with finding a foundation for my oily skin. now don't get me wrong i love that my natural oils mean i age slower and am lucky to look younger than i am. however finding make up that doesn't slide off or require powder and blotting paper is nigh on impossible. even the so called matt formulas can't control my half Jamaican heritage. last year I read about a new foundation Chanel had developed to replace mat and pro lumiére... so all excited I rushed off to get my little hands on it...only to be told "sorry it's not released until January." i was devastated. you see i can't use powder as it worsens my dry areas and blotting papers don't last forever, so I've always had to reapply once i start to look more oil slick, less dewy and youthful. so to my excitement Perfect Lumière recently hit the counters and i got myself a bottle. it works a treat! well for me anyway...there are no shiny moments and it gives me the right amount of coverage to hide eye bags and imperfections. Perfect ain't the word...

No comments:

Post a Comment